Višegrad – Trebinje – Dubrovnik – Ostrog
2 nights/3 days
- Departure from Užice at 7 h from the parking lot across the bus station, from Čajetina at 07:30 h in front of the “City Hall” and from Zlatibor at 06:45 h.
- We will be travelling through Mokra Gora with a short break.
- Arrival at Višegrad, tour around the bridge of Višegrad, i.e. the Bridge of Mehmed Paša Sokolović, the tour of Andrićgrad, as well as a visit to the memorial classroom of Ivo Andrić.
- We continue then the journey to Trebinje, with a break on Tjenište for a visit to the National Park of Sujteska.
- Arrival at Trebinje planned around 16h.
- After a short break at the hotel, we begin the tour through the city center (the Freedom Square and the Monument to the Liberators of Trebinje; Osman-paša Mosque; “Anđelka's gate”, the Monument to the Defenders of Trebinje).
- Then a walk through the park, visit to the monuments to Jovana Dučić and Njegoš, and visit to the Garden “Platani” which is the symbol of Trebinje.
- Return to the hotel, after the dinner at the hotel, you can spend the evening with the sounds of “tamburica” (Eng. little tamboura) in one of the many restaurants.
- After the breakfast, we start the tour of the Hercegovačka Gračanica, located on the hill Crkvina. Jovan Dučić, one of the greatest poets of 20th century, was buried in the churchyard of the Church of the Holy Virgin.
- Monastery Tvrdoš, dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin, is located only 4 km west of Trebinje. Within the monastery complex there are two wine cellars, where we will have the opportunity to taste the real Herzegovinian vine.
- An excursion to Dubrovnik, a walk along the main street – Stradun, tour to the Old Town, the City Council Palace, the Bell Tower.
- Return to the hotel in Trebinje.
- Due to the early departure, instead of breakfast, passengers will be provided lunch boxes. We leave for the Monastery Ostrog early in the morning, we will attend the Liturgy, visit the Church of Saint Martyr Stanko, situated between the upper and the lower Monastery.
- We depart for Serbia at the agreed time (upon the request of passengers we can visit monasteries Kumanica and Morača, if there is enough people who are interested)
- Arrival at the place of departure in the evening.