Mokra Gora is a valley in western Serbia, located between mountains Tara and Zlatibor. Steep relief with deeply carved valleys and gorges of the White and the Black Rzav and the Kamiška rivers, above which many peaks and passes rise, contribute to the beauty of the area. There is a number of mineral springs here, the most famous being “Bele vode” (Eng. White waters).
Nowadays, Mokra Gora is best known for “Šargan Eight”, a narrow-gauge, known for the exceptional technical solution which made possible to overcome large climbs on a short distance. This is the only 760 mm wide narrow-gauge railway in Europe. During the ride, there are breaks on the stations Golubići, Jatare, Šargan Vitasi and viewpoints Krst Osmice and Ludi Kamen. Along the railway, there are many exhibits of old locomotives and wagons protected as monuments of technical culture, what makes this a unique open-air museum.
Also, a great attraction is ethno-village “Drvengrad” (Eng. Wooden town), on the Mećavnik hill, that was the idea of our famous film director Emir Kusturica. Authentic log cabins were transferred to a new location and used for the construction of the village. The oldest cabin is more than 90 years old. During the visit, the group would go to the cinema and watch Emir Kusturica’s short film.
If one day is too short and you want to explore this part of Serbia more, take a look and choose one of our special promotional offers. As our guests, you'll receive 20% discount on all excursions that we organize.
PLAN AND PROGRAM OF EXCURSIONS:
- Departure at 9h
- Driving by the Sharga Eight, which lasts 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- Visit Drvengrad
- Visiting Camp Viljamovka in the village of Kremna .
- Return to Zlatibor around 16:30.
- Price per person 1300 RSD / children up to 10 years 700 RSD
- The minimum number of passengers required for an excursion by van is 5, by minibus 15, by bus 35.
- The final deadline for cancellation is one day before departure.
- The full payment (100%) at the time of booking.
Included in the price:
- Transfer by new, comfortable bus / minibus to the mentioned route
- Tour guide services
- Travel organization costs
Not included in the price:
- Individual costs of excursionists
- Ticket to Drvengrad (250 RSD for adults and children over 12 years, children up to 12 years do not pay)
- Riding the Sargan Eight (1200 RSD for adults, 600 RSD for children)