Mountain Tara is situated in the western part of Serbia, bordered by the deep canyon of the river Drina. After years of study and research of the Tara area, in order to protect natural values that Tara possesses, in 1981, the Parliament of Serbia adopted a special law and declared Tara National Park.
This beautiful mountain was studied by many scientists, but one of the first to study it wasJosif Pančić. In 1875, he discovered the endemic species of conifer, named Pančićeva Omorika, or Picea omorika, type of Serbian spruce.
Woods, canyons and river banks preserve the traces of prehistoric, ancient, roman andbyzantine culture. The Monastery Rača, from 13th century, necropolis and medieval tombstones in Perućac and Rastište, are part of Serbian medieval heritage. A unique national heritage are also traditional log houses of Dinaric Mountains, along the bank of river Drina.
At the end of the day summarize the impressions of the beautiful areas you've seen and relax in one of our beautiful apartments. Contact us for more information and take a look to our special benefits that we prepared for our dear guests.
PLAN AND PROGRAM OF EXCURSIONS:
- Departure at 9h
- Drive through Sljivovica and Kreman to Tara
- Arrival to Mitrovac, tour of the Carpet meadow
- Continue to the lake Perućac
- Lunch break in the nearby restaurant Vrelo
- Continuation of the road to Bajina Bašta with a break for photographing the Lodge on the Drina
- Departure to the Raca Monastery
- Return to Zlatibor around 17h
- Price per person 1450 RSD / children up to 10 years 750 RSD
- The minimum number of passengers required for an excursion by van is 5, by minibus 15, by bus 35
- The final deadline for cancellation is one day before departure
- The full payment (100%) at the time of booking
Included in the price:
- Transfer by new, comfortable bus / minibus to the mentioned route
- Tour guide services
- Travel organization costs
Not included in the price:
- Individual passengers’ expenses
- Ticket to the Carpet meadow (100 RSD)