Uvac - Cruise
The river Uvac lies betweennorthern slopes of Zlatar Mountain and southern part of Zlatibor. The canyon has a special value as a part of Serbian Geo-heritage due to its curving meanders. This place is also unique because it is a nesting place of a very rare and almost extinct species of vulture – the Griffon vulture. In order to protect this area around the gorge of the river Uvac as the habitat of the Griffon vulture, it was declared a Special Nature Reserve.
There are many caves here, among which we could mention Ledena (eng. Ice) Cave, Tubića cave and Ušačka cave, one of the longest in Serbia. Entrances to the caves are occasionally submerged, but can be accessed by boat.
The village Štitkovo is not far away, situated in the narrow valley in the shape of a shield, formed by the river Tisovica and its source Vrelo that is surrounded by hills on three sides. All preserved houses are from 19th century and are typical Old Vlach settlements, which the village is most famous for. Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments in Kraljevo has placed this unique ethno oasis under the state protection.
Summarize the impressions of the beautiful areas you've seen during the day and relax in one of our modern and tucked apartments.
PLAN AND PROGRAM OF EXCURSIONS:
- Departure at 9 am from Zlatibor, in front of TA Trendy Travel
- Driving to Uvac lake for about 1 h, arrival at the lake, cruise with tourist boats
- Rafting with the Uvac Lake for a duration of about 4h and 30min (driving in both directions at the specified time interval, with a short stay for the visit of the Ice Cave - the only possible access to the cave is from the lake
- Optional climbing on the gazebo with spectacular views of the Uvac meanders
- Observation of eagles/gypsy vultures and other birds on the nests and on the flight
- We continue our journey towards the village of Božetići, where we will visit the Dubnica Monastery
- Return to Zlatibor, with a coffee break/lunch at Zlatar
- Arrival at Zlatibor around 17:30h
- Price: 2350,00 RSD
- The minimum number of passengers required for an excursion by van is 5, by minibus 15, by bus 35
- The final deadline for cancellation is one day before departure
- The full payment (100%) at the time of booking
Included in the price:
- Transfer by new, comfortable bus/minibus to the mentioned route
- Tour guide services
- Travel organization costs
- Tourist boats ride
Not included in the price:
- Individual passengers’ expenses
- Ticket to the Special Nature Reserve "Uvac" 100,00 rsd
- Ticket to the Ice Cave 150,00 rsd