Višegrad is located in the east of the Republic Srpska, 16 km from the border with Serbia. Višegrad became an attractive tourist destination as the tourist railway was renovated recently and because of the construction of the complex “Andricgrad”.
Monastery Dobrun is situated in a picturesque mountain area on the road Višegrad –Užice, in the gorge of river Rzav. It is dedicated to the Annunciation and erected by župan (Eng. duke) Pribil and his sons Stefan and Petar in 1343. The Monastery served for a long time as a church of Dobrun, and since 1993 the monastic life was renewed and Dobrun becomes once again an active monastery. Within the monastery complex there is also the Museum of the First Serbian Upraising, a gallery, as well as the Museum of the Metropolitanate of Dabar-Bosnia.
Andrićgrad was created by the idea that prof. Kusturica had about a stone medieval town inspired by books and characters of our Nobel Prize winning author Ivo Andrić. It is actually a vision of what Višegrad would look like if it wasn’t bypassed by the renaissance and other historical periods. The famous “Bridge on the Drina” in Višegrad is the endowment of Grand Vizier Mehmed Pasha Sokolovic. The bridge was built between 1571 and 1577, and it was built by the most famous Turkish architect Kodza Mimar Sinan. Built in eastern style, it represents an architectural masterpiece of that era.
After a day spent like you were in a fairy tale, we suggest you to take a break in some of our new and modern apartments. If you choose to be our guest,
you will enjoy in special benefits that we prepared for you.
PLAN AND PROGRAM OF EXCURSIONS:
- Departure at 9h
- Visit of the Monastery of Uspenija of the Most Holy Theotokos in Dobrun
- Group walk through the main street, tour of the memorial of Iva Andrić's classroom
- Visiting a bridge on the Drina
- Visit Andrićgrad
- Drina driving for about 40 minutes
- Return to Zlatibor around 16h
- Price per person 1400 rsd
- The minimum number of passengers required for an excursion by van is 5, by minibus 15, by bus 35
- The final deadline for cancellation is one day before departure
- It is necessary to bring a valid passport or ID card, and for the under aged children who travel without parents, or with only one parent, a Parental Consent Letter is required
- The full payment (100%) at the time of booking
Included in the price:
- Transfer by new, comfortable bus / minibus to the mentioned route
- Tour guide services
- Travel organization costs
Travel organization costs
- Individual passengers’ expenses
- Ticket to the memorial classroom Ivo Andrić
- Driving by boat (400,00)